Image Map

Happy Birthday Wreath

My baby boy is turning 3 this weekend, I cannot believe it has been 3 years since he was born.  Although, him being a tiny baby seems like a lifetime ago!  
Now that Christmas is over I don't have a wreath on the door anymore, and since Cart's birthday is right after Christmas it gave me the idea of a Birthday Wreath!   I thought it would be fun to have something bright and colorful to put out when ever it is one of our birthdays.  
I LOVE this wreath, I really do.   I love the bright colors, it just makes me want to smile! 


The asymmetry was inspired by the Christmas Wreath I made a few weeks ago, I really like the one sided look.  So with that I knew I wanted to use felt.  It's so easy to work with and looks so soft and cozy. 
I wrapped a wreath with white yarn, then cut out a bunch of circles.  This was another one of those things I did while zoning out to one of "my shows". lol  
I folded them in half and in half again to make the ruffly look.  Then glued them on with hot glue.
I used the larger circles to map out where I wanted what color.
 It took quite a bit of time to glue all the little circles on.  But it was worth it!! :) 
Bright and cheery!  Definitely taking those Winter blues away! 


I didn't actually glue the bunting banner on, so I can change it out to different occasions if I want.   By the way, I'm addicted to making wreaths, yea, I'll admit it. HA!  

UPDATE:
Here is another version, many different ways to use the same wreath! 




Photobucket
Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness the colorful ruffles on this are adorable and the whole birthday wreath idea i genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given you the Liebster Blog Award! Visit my blog to find out details. (I will have it posted soon) Thanks! Shay http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this one. I made three Christmas wreaths for friends and family. On my blog if you want a peek
    www.sparklessimplestuff.blogspot.com

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you at the link party at shabby creek cottage. I love this wreath! I'm gonna pin this and do it for my daughters birthday party. It's so pretty! Oh, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just noticed I put you in the triple digits! Why am I excited about that??!! oh well...thanks again for the great wreath idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love the simplicity, and pops of color EVERY.Where! This would be a great addition to Find Your Craft Friday... my readers would love it!

    Come visit!!

    http://thequickjourney.blogspot.com/2012/01/find-your-craft-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great colour combo! Your son must love it. you're right - the assymetry is quite catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this idea! Totally pinning it on my Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable wreath!! I love the bright colors and that you didn't glue on the pennant so that you can switch out the wording... so smart! I too am addicted to making wreaths! I made 2 for Valentine's Day, but haven't posted them yet. I'm your newest follower... hope you'll visit my blog and follow me back. Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I'm following you know - I came over from Toys in the Dryer. Great wreath - I think I need to make this for all the Jan/Feb birthdays we have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up! I just featured your wreath on my fb page :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I can't wait to start working on some different wreaths for the front door! This is def. going to be inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word!!! That is so precious. Would go perfectly with my birthday tees! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at our Pin'Inspiration Thursday party. My baby is TWO today! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I love the vibrant colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooooo pretty: I love all of the colors! Off to poke around your blog some more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This wreath is darling! I want to make one for MY birthday!
    :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete